Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Basic Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
On TV plus in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? This is something which many men and women live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This concept is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. In this article we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
Another thing that has been discovered is that apples can also help your heart. More than likely you know that apples have fiber, and that, as well as some of the other components of apples can promote heart health. You may also be surprised to find out that another way apples can assist your heart is by lowering cholesterol. The skin of the apple is where the majority of the healthy vitamins and minerals can be located in an apple. If you happen to be one of the people who skin their apple before feeding on it, you may want to change that habit so that you are receiving all the benefits from the apple that you can get.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you know why. In this post we just discussed several of the benefits of eating an apple a day. Every one of the benefits would take us too long to include in this article, but the information is out there. When you go shopping again, be sure to pick up a number of apples, their in the produce isle. These apples can end up helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) recipe. You can have vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- Get Soup Broth
- Prepare 1 large sweet onion peeled and quartered
- Take 1 small piece ginger (about 2 inch) peeled and halved length wise
- Use 1 head full nutmeg (you can also use a small cinnamon stick)
- You need 2 clove garlic
- Take 1 pinch coriander, cilantro, or basil
- You need 4 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Prepare 4 cup vegetable stock
- Use 2 tsp soy sauce
- Provide Noodles
- Provide 1/2 lb flat rice noodle (I used thicker noodles but use according to preference)
- Provide Toppings
- Prepare 2/3 packages extra firm fried until crispy tofu (you can substitute any protein you desire here such as chicken, beef, beans, etc)
- Take 4 medium mushrooms (by preference, I like shitake for asian dishes)
- Use 1 bunch vegetables of your choice (I used bok choy and borccoli)
- Get Garnishes
- Use 1 bunch bean sprouts
- Take 1 bunch cilantro (a handful is usually good)
- Prepare 1 chile pepper, or any hot pepper, sliced
- Get 1 lime cut into slices
- Get 2 stock green onion, sliced into small pieces
- Prepare 1 your favorite sauces such as Hoisin, Sriracha, etc
Instructions to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- For the broth:
- Char the onion and ginger under the broiler until slightly black (about 5 minutes per side)
- Dry roast star anise, nut meg and cilantro in a large pot over medium heat until you can smell the flavors. Stir to prevent burning.
- Once flavors are aromatic, add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, charred onion and ginger. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Reduce heat and keep hot until ready to serve.
- For the noodles:
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Once water is boiled, turn off heat, add noodles, cover and let cook for 5-7 minutes (or follow package directions). Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- For Toppings:
- Prepare however you desire. I fried the tofu in oil until crispy and cooked the veggies until slightly wilted and warmed throughout. Season as desired, but note the flavor of the broth is the main seasoning for the whole dish
- For the garnishes:
- Prepare garnishes and arrange on a plate. Add the desired amount of garnishes to your own dish once meal is prepared and served.
If you find this Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.