Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Rigatoni pasta pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Rigatoni pasta pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rigatoni pasta pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is really very true. From time to time, though, the last thing you choose is to have to cook a meal from scratch. Sometimes you just wish to hit the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be plagued by remorse about slipping on your diet. This is because most popular fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food restaurant.
Milk, juice and water would be the best selections for beverages. Choosing a huge soft drink as your beverage gives hundreds of poor calories to your meal. A sole portion of soda is typically thought to be eight ounces. That portion usually includes at least a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food carbonated drinks are no less than twenty ounces big. Thirty ounces, however, is a lot more common. This is the reason why just buying a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet. Water, fruit juice as well as milk, however, are far better choices.
Logic claims that one of the best ways to stay healthy is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a couple of good decisions and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the best thing is to let another person create your dinner. If you ultimately choose healthy items, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to rigatoni pasta pie recipe. To cook rigatoni pasta pie you need 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Rigatoni pasta pie:
- Take 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- You need 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Prepare 1 lb ground beef
- Provide 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- You need 1 ⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Prepare 1 (28 ounce) can good quality crushed tomatoes
- Provide Butter for pan
- Use Salt
- You need 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Use 8 ounces coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
Steps to make Rigatoni pasta pie:
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until slightly underdone (I cooked mine for 12 minutes when the box indicated 14 minutes). One pound of pasta should be cooked in 6 quarts of water, make sure you are using a big enough pot so the pasta doesn't stick together. When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Toss pasta with Parmesan cheese. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta.
- Push the meat sauce into the pasta holes filling each one up. Stuffing the meat into the holes is a weirdly satisfying task. Enough said.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold.
- Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have.
- Serve with garlic cheesy bread inside salad
If you find this Rigatoni pasta pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.