Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Just about any article you read about restoring your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very good information. But at times the last thing you want to do is put together a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Once in a while you need to check out the drive through while you’re on your way home and finish the day. There is simply no reason that you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because a lot of the famous fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food restaurant.
Pick water, juice or milk as a beverage. When you sip a large soft drink you are adding a whole bunch of empty calories to your day. One serving of soda is eight ounces. That serving could contain many spoonfuls of sugar in addition to at least a hundred calories. Most fast food soda sizes start at twenty ounces. Generally, though, they’re 30 ounces. This shows that your drink on it’s own will put dozens of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. It is much healthier to choose milk, juice or regular water.
Logic states that that one the easiest way to stay healthy and balanced is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make beneficial choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. At times the thing you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. If you ultimately choose healthy products, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe. You can cook caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Get fryer chicken(whole)
- Get water
- Use chayote squash
- You need carrots
- You need green plantain
- Use white potatoes
- You need yuka
- Take roma tomatoes
- Take zucchini squash
- Prepare sweet vidalia onion
- Use ears of fresh corn
- Take fresh cilantro or culantro
- You need salt to taste
- Take pepper to taste
- Use chicken bouillon ( prefer knorr )
Instructions to make Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Prep chicken by cutting into quarters and applying salt/pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large soup/stock pot.
- Quarter the onion and add to the oil to sweat, once onion has become transparent add chicken to pot and brown on all sides.
- Once chicken is browned add enough water to cover the chicken by about a inch, add chicken bouillon and a pinch of salt. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- After 5 minutes of boiling reduce heat to a simmer and cover to cook. 30 minutes or untill EXTREMELY tender.
- While chicken is cooking prep the veggies for the soup.
- Peel yuka and slice in one inch rounds, set aside in large bowl.
- Clean corn and slice cob to 2 inch thick pieces, add to bowl with yuka.
- Peel chayote cut in half and remove pitt with a spoon, cut into medium / large chunks. Add to bowl.
- Clean potatoes well and cut into large chunks. ( quarter for small potatoes) add to bowl.
- Clean zucchini squash and slice into 1 inch rounds, place in bowl.
- Peel carrots and slice into 2 inch rounds. Place in bowl.
- Clean tomatoes, quarter tomatoes and place in bowl.
- Peel GREEN plantain slice into one inch rounds. NOTE: MUST BE GREEN HARD PLANTAINS NOT YELLOW.
- Chop cilantro including stems reserve half for garnish.
- Add all veggies and cilantro except for the zuchinni squash to the pot.
- Add enough water just to cover the veggies. Add more salt/ bouillon to taste. Cover tightly and cook on medium high heat for about 15-20 minutes untill potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add zuchinni for the last 10 minutes.
- Serve this amazing stew with fresh chopped onion,cilantro, and lime wedges for garnish.
- Go one step further and serve with fresh corn tortillas!
- Enjoy! Hope you love it as much as I do!
If you find this Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.