Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beef and Udon Stir-fry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef and Udon Stir-fry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. From time to time, though, the last thing you choose is to have to make an evening meal from scratch. Sometimes you just want to reach the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There is simply no reason that you shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food restaurant.
Visit a drive through at a place who has made it a practice to provide healthier options to people. Arby’s as an example, is void of burgers. As an alternative you can choose from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and various healthier items. While Wendy’s has served hamburgers for decades, they also have quite a few other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not many fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried everything.
Fundamental sense states that the proper way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make beneficial choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Sometimes the thing you need is to let other people create your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about visiting the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to beef and udon stir-fry recipe. To make beef and udon stir-fry you need 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef and Udon Stir-fry:
- Use 1 lb beef sirloin, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- Provide 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare 2 tbsp mirin
- Take 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Take 2 tbsp honey
- You need 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Provide 1 package (about 7 oz) precooked udon noodles
- You need 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Prepare 1 thumb-sized nub ginger, peeled and choped
- Take 1 shallot chopped
- Take 3 green onions, chopped
- Prepare 1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- Take 1 handful cilantro, leaves and stems chopped separately
Steps to make Beef and Udon Stir-fry:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef with the soy sauce, mirin vinegar, honey and sesame oil. Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small pot. Drop in the udon and simmer for 3 minutes or until the noodles separate on their own. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water, then set them aside.
- Add a splash of peanut oil to a large nonstick pan on high heat. Add the beef (but not the marinade) and let fry 1 minute until brown. Add the garlic, ginger and shallot and fry another 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the green onions, water chestnuts, chopped cilantro stems and udon to the pan. Pour in the marinade and add several grinds of black pepper. Stir together and let fry for 5 minutes. Toss with the chopped cilantro leaves before serving.
If you find this Beef and Udon Stir-fry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.