Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Good With Regard To Your Health.
I am certain you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? This is a thing that many people live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that individuals in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they do not even know why. In the following paragraphs we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
I am certain you know that fruits and vegetables will provide you with many of the vitamins you have to have to stay healthy, and apples are normally the item that most individuals have in their houses, but why? The very first thing you should understand is that apples have more vitamins and minerals when compared with various other fruits.. Apples consist of, manganese, phosphorus and calcium and all tend to be great for your health, but there are also many more healthy minerals in apples. And you will even come across vitamins in your apples like, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and some other trace vitamins.
And now you understand why people tell you that you ought to eat an apple every day. In this post we just dealt with several of the benefits of eating an apple a day. Every one of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this article, nevertheless the information is out there. I am hoping that the the very next time you go to the supermarket you wind up getting plenty of apples. It can definitely help your health and wellbeing for short term as well as for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe. To cook crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) you only need 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack):
- Provide easy winter warmers
- Provide 1 ham shank
- You need 500 grams marrowfat dried peas
- Take 7 medium sized potatoes
- You need 1 tsp salt
- Get 1 1/2 pints cold water
- Provide 1 tsp baking powder or bicarbonate of soda
Steps to make Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack):
- Soak the ham shank in a pan of water overnight to dissolve any salt
- Soak the dried peas in a bowl /pan/container over night with the baking powder/bicarbonate of soda
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 mins, once the water is bubbling
- Drain the peas. Put in a colander and wash the water off (no need to dry) you will notice that the pess should have swollen to twice their size
- Add the peas, ham shank, potatoes, salt and the cold water in to the crock pot/ slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- Enjoy, this should stick to your ribs
If you find this Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.