Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Fantastic For Your Health.
I am certain you have heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? This is something which many people live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that men and women in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they don’t even know why. In the following paragraphs we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
While everyone knows that consuming plenty of fruits and vegetables is a great way to ensure your body gets all the nutrition it needs, how come apples pushed so much? Well lets have a look at the vitamins and minerals that you could discover in just one apple. When it comes to the particular minerals that tend to be in apples you will find, potassium, calcium and zinc just to mention a few. And you’ll also come across vitamins in your apples like, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and various other trace vitamins.
And now you understand why individuals tell you that you should eat an apple every day. The benefits we covered are only a handful of of the benefits that eating apples can provide. You will be able to find many more benefits for your health when it comes to apples. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the very next time you go to supermarkets. These apples can certainly lead to helping you to live a longer as well as healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade flour tortillas and beef fajitas recipe. You can cook homemade flour tortillas and beef fajitas using 15 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas:
- Prepare For The Flour Tortillas
- Prepare 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Get 2 tsps baking powder
- Get 2 tbsps shortening
- Use 2 tsps salt
- Get Warm water or milk for kneading
- Get For The Meat Fajitas
- You need 2 Red bell peppers (sliced)
- Provide 2 green bell peppers (sliced)
- Take 2 yellow bell peppers (sliced)
- Get 2 large onions (sliced)
- Prepare 2 red chillies (chopped)
- Provide cilantro or coriander leaves (chopped)
- Provide Any sauce (hot sauce, guacamole, salad, sour cream, salsa, chopped tomatoes etc)
- Get Spices (Spice to your own taste)
Steps to make Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas:
- Mix ingredients together, add the warm water or milk and make a soft dough.
- Knead it well.
- Let it rest covered for about 20 minutes, then divide the dough into 16 equal portions.
- Roll each one out as thin as you can.
- Once all are rolled out, heat a nonstick pan and place the tortillas one at a time, cooking each briefly for a few seconds on medium-high heat then turning it to cook the other side until bubbly and slightly golden.
- Don't overcook them as you need them to be soft and pliable, not crisp or hard.
- Keep the ready ones covered in a hotpot or under a towel to keep them soft.
- Serve fresh by rolling some filling in them and serving as fajitas or in whichever way you like.
- Grill the beef strips on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side or until slightly charred
- Once beef strips are done, remove and set aside.
- Keep the meat covered to retain moisture.
- Add the oil in a sauce pan.
- Saute the onions until tender.
- Add the bell pepper strips
- Sprinkle spices and the chopped red chili.
- Stir-fry over high heat until the bell peppers are tender and start to charr slightly around the edges.
- You can then return the beef strips into the pan and mix them with the peppers, heat everything through until sizzling hot, or serve the two separately.
- Turn off the heat and serve.
- To assemble, lay a warmed tortilla wrap, apply some sauce/salad followed by the filling.
- Roll and serve immediately. - Enjoy!
If you find this Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.