Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Basic Explanations Why Eating Apples Is Good.
On TV plus in magazines everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, even so, have you ever asked yourself why? You may know men and women that live by this and also demand that their children live by this principle as well. This particular thought can be observed in country’s all around the world and individuals follow it as gospel with out ever discovering why they should eat an apple a day. You will be happy to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is thought to be a miracle fruit.
So what can all these vitamins and minerals do for the actual health of your body. As I am sure you know, research is being performed all the time and there have been studies that have been done that clearly show that apples can reduce some cancer risks. A few of the cancers that apples may help prevent are breast, liver, lung and colon cancers. Just that one factor should really be adequate reason for every person to start eating apples.
And now you know why individuals tell you that you should eat an apple every day. In the following paragraphs we just dealt with several of the benefits of eating an apple a day. All of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this post, nevertheless the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the very next time you go to the grocery store. You will see that your overall health may greatly be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's southwestern chicken soup recipe. You can cook mike's southwestern chicken soup using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Take 2 Pounds Chicken Breasts, Strips Or Rotisserie [shredded]
- Take 5 (14 oz) Cans Chicken Broth
- Use 1 tbsp Maggi Chicken Bullion
- You need 4 (4 oz) Hatch Green Chilies [reserve 2 for finish]
- Prepare 2 LG Jalapeños [chopped]
- Use 1 Bunch Cilantro [no stems]
- Prepare 1 LG Viadailla Onion [chopped]
- Use 1/2 LG Green Bell Pepper [chopped]
- You need 7 Cloves Fresh Garlic [left whole]
- Provide 2 Stalks Celery [chopped]
- Provide 1/2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- Provide 1 EX LG Tomato [or 2 small]
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
- Take 1 Small Red Onion [for garnish]
- You need 1 (8 oz) Hunts Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 1 Pound Potatos [peeled and diced]
- Provide ● For The Options & Sides
- Provide as needed LG Egg Noodles
- Provide Fresh Warmed Flour Tortillas
- You need Fresh French Bread
Steps to make Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Add 5 cans chicken broth, 1 tbsp Cumin and 2 cans Hatch Green Chilies to your rinsed and fat trimmed chicken.
- Boil chicken in seasoned broth for 30 minutes.
- Rough chop your vegetables.
- Add your chopped vegetables to your broth.
- Maggi makes one of the best chicken bouillon powders out there and is most commonly used in Mexican cooking.
- Add your 8 oz tomato sauce, 1 tbsp Maggi, 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper and 1/2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper.
- Mix and simmer on high for 20 more minutes. Try slightly shredding your chicken while it's in the pot with forks. It should shread apart pretty easy for you. If not, it should do it on its own.
- At this point, you can add noodles or small potato cubes. If opting for noodles, boil them separately as per manufactures directions. Then, add to your soup. Otherwise you'll end up with a starchy, murky, gross looking broth. If it's potatoes you want, just throw them in your simmering soup with your vegetables for 20 minutes or, until they're softened. Also, add your remaining 2 4 oz cans of Hatch Green Chilies and a good handful of fresh cilantro leaves just prior to serving. You'll definitely want this layered effect.
- I always serve this with fresh lime wedges, green tabasco, warmed flour tortillas or, absorbent French bread.
- Serve piping hot. Garnish with red onions and fresh cilantro. [sorry. the old boy forgot his red onion garnish] Anyway, I hope you and yours enjoy this dish!
If you find this Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.