Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Gwent Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gwent Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Good Pertaining To Your Health.
More than likely you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is important? This is something which many individuals live by and they also make certain their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that folks in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they don’t even know why. In this article we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
Additionally, you will be able to possess a healthier heart by eating apples. More than likely you know that apples have fiber, and that, and also some of the various other substances of apples can promote heart health. You may even be surprised to find out that another way apples can assist your heart is by lowering cholesterol. The particular skin of the apple is where the majority of the healthy vitamins and minerals can be located in an apple. And your best bet is to locate a local farm that grows just organic apples and make sure you eat the skin as well so you can get the most advantages of the apple.
I am hoping I have revealed some good information that explained why apples are so healthy for you. The one thing you should realize is that we only mentioned some of the benefits of eating apples. Should you look and ask around, you are going to come to see that the benefits can seem limitless. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the next time you go to supermarkets. It can really help your health and wellbeing for short term as well as for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to gwent cottage pie recipe. To make gwent cottage pie you need 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Gwent Cottage Pie:
- Prepare meat sauce
- Provide butter
- Provide onion sliced
- Provide minced beef
- Take plain flour
- You need hot beef stock - home-made, from a cube, from a jar, however you want your beef stock
- You need leeks in cheese sauce
- Use leeks
- Provide butter
- Take heaped, of plain flour
- Provide milk
- Provide mustard powder
- Get grated cheese
- Get Seasoning
- You need mashed potato - I use a floury potato with lots of butter and a dash of milk
Steps to make Gwent Cottage Pie:
- Add the minced beef to a preheated saucepan and fry quickly releasing the fat (if you use lean beef you'll have to use oil) add thinly sliced onion and lower the heat allowing onions to saute - you can use more meat if you want, but I buy 450g and steal 100g of it to make my Cornish pasties ;)
- When onions have become clear add the butter and melt
- Sprinkle the flour over the top of the neat and onion mixture and stir in to absorb the butter. Cook for 1 minute whilst stirring.
- Add the beef stock a little at a time stirring well in between to avoid any lumps.
- Put the meat layer into your chosen baking dish - I use a rectangular 12x8, 2 inch deep glass dish but you could choose round, smaller, deeper
- Now make the leek layer (leaving meat to cool helps keep the layers separate during cooking)
- Put butter into a saute pan with a lid. Add the sliced leeks and sweat with the lid on over a low heat
- When the leeks are soft, sprinkle over the flour and stir in for 1 minute
- Add the milk and stir in well now add the mustard powder and grated cheese
- If you don't have mustard powder you can use yellow English mustard. Add any seasoning at this point that you feel necessary - we all have different palates
- When leeks cooled dollop onto the meat sauce, then carefully, a forkfull at a time, cover it in mashed potato. I start from the centre so if I don't have enough mashed potato i just leave a border around the outside - it's ok, it doesn't have to be perfect
- So mashed potato - i may make fresh for this meal, but often I use leftover, so up to you but I would say that you need it to be fairly stiff.
- You can keep in the fridge up to 48 hours before baking, the longer the better as it firms up the layers
- Bake at 180ºC gas 4 for 35 - 40 minutes until the meat starts bubbling through and it starts to form a sticky crust
If you find this Gwent Cottage Pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.