Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually good information. Now and then, though, you definitely do not wish to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you just want to pay a visit to the drive through while you’re on your way home and end the day. There is zero reason you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You can do this because many of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is how to eat healthfully when you reach the drive through.
Visit a drive through in a place that has made it a practice to offer healthier options to people. Arby’s for example, is void of burgers. Alternatively you’ll be able to select from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and other healthier items. While Wendy’s has offered hamburgers for decades, they also have quite a few other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not all fast food spots are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every thing.
Basic sense states that the simplest way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a couple of good choices and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the thing you need most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about going to the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to wendyg's take on wine-braised beef short ribs recipe. You can cook wendyg's take on wine-braised beef short ribs using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs:
- Take 3 lb bone-in beef short ribs (have the butcher cut them crosswise into 2" pieces)
- Use Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Take 3 tbsp olive oil
- Provide 2 onions, chopped
- Provide 2 carrots, cut to sticks
- Prepare 2 celery stalks, cut to sticks
- Prepare 1 small bag new potatoes
- You need 1 small can tomato sauce
- Take 4 c dry red wine
- You need 1 bay leaf
- Provide 2 tsp dried thyme
- Use 1 garlic head, halved cross-wise (unpeeled)
- Get 4 c beef stock
Instructions to make WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs:
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. Brown them in skillet then place in crock pot.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery to the crock pot.
- Add all the herbs and garlic along with wine tomato sauce and stock to crock pot.
- Set crock pot to high for 6 and 1/2 hours.
- Serve on platter with veggies. Alternatively you can shred the meat and serve over egg noodles or papparadelle
If you find this WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.