Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Zucchini Boats recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Zucchini Boats recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to perform all of their own cooking. This is literally very true. Occasionally, though, the last thing you want is to have to prepare a meal from scratch. Sometimes almost all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by shame about slipping on your diet. This may be possible because plenty of the popular fast food destinations are attempting to make their menus healthier now. Here is how you can find healthy food at the drive through.
Pick out a drive through at a restaurant which is known for catering to people with healthier palates. For instance, Arby’s does not provide hamburgers. You can eat roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads instead. While Wendy’s has served hamburgers for decades, in addition they have a lot of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not many fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried everything.
Standard logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose fat is to drop the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a few good choices and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Once in a while, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. If you decide on healthy items, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to zucchini boats recipe. You can cook zucchini boats using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Zucchini Boats:
- Use 1 pound ground sausage (ground: beef, turkey, chicken optional)
- Prepare 8 oz (1/2 16oz jar) hot salsa (mild optional)
- Provide 6 medium zucchini
- Take 1 cup mozzarella or Cheddar cheese shredded
- Take 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- Get 1 egg
- Take 1 tsp Mrs. Dash
Steps to make Zucchini Boats:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground sausage, and drain off any grease. Add salsa and mix well, and let simmer for 5–7 minutes to let flavors meld.
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese with egg and add Mrs. Dash (mix well)
- Slice zucchini lengthwise, and scoop out the center using a teaspoon.
- Place zucchini boats on a baking sheet, and spoon in a heaping teaspoon of ricotta mixture, then spoon on the salsa meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
If you find this Zucchini Boats recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.