Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to perform all of their own cooking. There’s some value to that. But at times the last thing you want to do is make a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just want to go to the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be suffering from guilt about slipping on your diet. You are capable of doing this because many of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Visit a drive through in a place that has made it a practice to provide healthier options to people. For instance, Arby’s doesn’t offer hamburgers. Alternatively you can pick from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps as well as other healthier items. While Wendy’s has made hamburgers for decades, they also have plenty of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Most fast food eating places usually do not stoop to the poor lows seen at McDonalds.
Logic states that that one the simplest way to stay balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a couple of good selections and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes what you need is to let another person produce your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes recipe. You can have mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- You need ● For The Meat
- Prepare " Thick Cut Top Loin Chops [1 pound a piece]
- Take ● For The Brine
- Prepare Water
- Prepare Ice
- Take Granulated Sugar
- Provide Kosher Salt
- Get Fresh Garlic [left whole]
- You need Whole Pepper Corns
- Prepare Dried Thyme
- You need Thyme
- Use ● For The Seasonings
- Use Webers Steak & Chop Seasoning
- Use Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Use Onion Powder
- Provide Garlic Powder
- Provide ● For The Sides
- You need Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Prepare Homemade Pork Gravy [use pan drippings]
- Take Fresh Baked French Bread
- Use Whipped Honey Or Cream Butter
Steps to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Two - 1 pound 2" thick Top Loin chops pictured. Fat trimmed.
- Create your brine. Add everything in the ● Brine Section [except ice] in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar, salt and seasonings are fully dissolved.
- Place brine in a plastic bowl. Allow brine to cool. Add ice to cool completely..
- Add chops in brine with additional ice if needed and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Ideally you'll want your brine at 36°.
- Pull your chops rinse and pat dry. Season as desired. Allow chops to come to room temperature.
- Coat chops with oil and generously season all sides. Especially with fresh ground black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a cast iron skillet, heat it to a high searing heat.
- Sear your chops on all sides. About 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Try not to flip too early. You want a solid char on your meat.
- Place hot skillet and chops in your 350° oven until chops have reached an internal temperature of 140°. Usually 8 to 10 minutes.
- Do not cut in to meat to check for doneness. You'll only release all its natural juices. Simply use a digital thermometer. Be careful to not overcook. Otherwise you'll have dry chops.
- Once at 140° - pull from oven and allow pork to rest out of skillet for 5 minutes. Serve on personalized cast iron skillets over mashed or, to the side of baked potatoes. Fresh baked French bread and a chilly acidic salad to cut the richness of the pork are also great ideas. I have several chilly, crispy, citrus acid based salad recipes under my profile if you're interested.
- Sliced Top Loin. Any juicy leftovers make for fantastic Sautéed Onion & Mushroom Sliders. Or, BBQ Sandwiches. Both on Brioche Buns.
If you find this Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.