Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mapo Tofu at Home recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mapo Tofu at Home recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some value to that. From time to time, though, the last thing you need is to have to cook a meal from scratch. Sometimes almost all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There is simply no reason you shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are able to do this because lots of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is how to eat healthy when you hit the drive through.
Visit a drive through at a place which has made it a practice to offer healthier options to people. For instance, Arby’s does not serve hamburgers. Instead you’ll be able to pick from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and other healthier items. Wendy’s, whilst no stranger to the hamburger, additionally includes plenty of additional meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Most fast food eating places do not stoop to the unhealthy lows seen at McDonalds.
Standard logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose fat is to by pass the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, in most cases, this is a good plan, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Often what you require most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. If you ultimately choose healthy things, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mapo tofu at home recipe. You can cook mapo tofu at home using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mapo Tofu at Home:
- Use 200 grams Mixed ground beef and pork (or just pork)
- Take 1 block Tofu
- Provide 1/2 of a small Onion
- Prepare 5 cm White part of a leek
- Get 1 piece/clove each Ginger and garlic
- Take 1 dash Chinese garlic chives
- You need 1 heaping teaspoon Doubanjiang
- You need 1 tsp of each ● Chinese soup stock, miso
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ● Salt
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp ● Sugar
- Take 1/2 tbsp ● Sesame oil
- Provide 1 tbsp ● Soy sauce
- Prepare 1 tbsp ● Sweet chili sauce
- Use 1 tbsp ● Ketchup
- Provide 100 ml ● Water or hot water
- Use 1 tbsp ☆ Katakuriko
- Use 2 tbsp ☆ Water
Steps to make Mapo Tofu at Home:
- Finely chop the leek, garlic and ginger.
- Combine the ● ingredients.
- Flavor the ground meat with 1 tablespoon each of soy sauce and sake (not listed).
- Heat vegetable oil (not listed) in a frying pan, and stir fry the ginger and garlic, being careful not to let it burn.
- When it is fragrant, add the ground meat, and stir fry until it changes color.
- Add the onion and leek, as well as the doubanjiang. The doubanjiang will spit a bit, so be careful.
- Cut the tofu into bite sized pieces and put on a plate. Microwave without covering for 2 to 3 minutes at 500 W to expel excess water.
- When the onion has softened, add the ● sauce and the tofu, and simmer for a few minutes. While it's simmering, drizzle in the katakuriko slurry. Stir in the Chinese garlic chives, turn off the heat, and it's done.
- The photo here shows a mapo tofu rice bowl.
- The next day, the sauce will stiffened up to a meat-miso sauce consistency, so I combined it with rice for mapo fried rice.
If you find this Mapo Tofu at Home recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.